Why You Need Aqua-Bound’s BilgeMaster Pump
Unless you always paddle within easy swimming distance of the shore, a bilge pump should be a must-have accessory on all your paddling excursions…
If you paddle an enclosed boat like a sit-inside kayak or canoe, a bilge pump should be on your list of safety equipment. This is especially important for long trips and when you’re paddling out into open water.
Why Keep a Bilge Pump in Your Kayak or Canoe?
Hopefully, you won’t need it. But if you’re in a situation where water is entering your boat quickly—high waves, pouring rain, a leak or damage to the hull—your safety may depend on you being able to get that water out in a hurry.
Most people who’ve been paddling a long time can tell you stories when either they or someone they knew needed a bilge pump at some point.
Where to Keep Your BilgeMaster
Aqua-Bound’s BilgeMaster Pump comes in either 14-inch or 17-inch lengths. Either one will easily stow in the cockpit of your kayak, or in the outer pocket of a pack in your canoe.
Just be sure to stow it within easy reach! Strapped down with bungees several feet behind from you in a sea kayak doesn’t do you any good when you need to grab it quickly.
How It Compares to the Competition
Click here to see the chart comparing the BilgeMaster to it’s competition. Here are the highlights:
- Each BilgeMaster is hand-built to order in our Aqua-Bound factory in Osceola, Wisconsin.
- We use 100% industrial-grade plastics with a stainless steel piston rod for ultimate durability.
- It takes as little as 8 pumps to remove a gallon of water, and expels the water 5-8 feet from your boat.
- Low-profile foam is standard, keeping the BilgeMaster sleek and buoyant.
- Debris can easily be cleaned out of the barrel if necessary.
- As with all Aqua-Bound products, we guarantee the quality of the BilgeMaster with a manufacturer’s warranty.
How to Buy
The BilgeMaster Pump’s MSRP is $39.95 for either the 14-inch or 17-inch version. You can order directly from our certified retailers—just click here.
More posts for you…