Upgraded for 2023! Our best-selling kayak paddle with an adjustable, corrosion-free ferrule made in a breakdown construction for easy travel.
- Weighing 30 ounces, the Sting Ray Hybrid is the lightest flatwater injected molded kayak paddle available at this price point.
- Redesigned, stronger blade. The new blade shape provides a smoother forward stroke with less chances for flutter, stiffer feel, and quieter entry and exit. The upgraded fiberglass + nylon blade material is stronger (meaning less flex) and thicker, making it more durable and robust long-term.
- Fiberglass-reinforced nylon blades are designed for forgiveness and just the right amount of flex, keeping the kayak moving efficiently even with extra gear slowing you down.
- 92.5 sq. inch blade it the ideal size for efficiency, providing enough torque to maneuver the kayak without being overly fatiguing.
- The traditional “mid-sized” or slender blade design is preferred by low-angle paddlers where the forward stroke is more horizontal or relaxed in nature.
- The carefully engineered blade shape slices into and out of the water and limits fatigue due to wind resistance.
- The sharp dihedral provides a silky-smooth forward stroke with zero tolerance for fluttering, preserving your energy for longer paddling trips.
- 100% carbon shaft is the lightest material available, so paddling is less fatiguing and more enjoyable on longer trips. The carbon weave is tight and secure, making it one of the strongest options available.
- The shaft is ovalized where the hands go for more comfort and control, and to limit the chances for blisters.
- The Posi-Lok™ ferrule is the gold-standard in paddlesports today, known for the secure fit, simplicity, and longevity. Paddlers enjoy the quick, intuitive ability to adjust the blade offset in 15-degree increments depending on wind and other paddling conditions. The carbon ferrule offers a robust solution that can last years to come.
- Carbon ferrule insert is light, tight, and right for the long haul. This is a sizable upgrade over plastic or glass ferrule inserts.
- Two snap-buttons are carefully placed in the blade pegs to allow for 4-piece disassembly. This compartmentalized fit is ideal for storage, backpacking, packrafting, and as a back-up paddle. The tight fitting 4pc blades feel just the same as standard 2pc construction.
- Featuring two color options: Sunset Red, the ideal companion for an evening paddle trip, and the best selling option in white.
- Proudly hand built in Osceola, Wisconsin, USA, by a team of paddlers and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Licensed Ferrule US Patent No. 6,881,111
Shaft Material: 100% Carbon, Ovalized
Blade Material: abXII Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon
Blade Size: 6.5 x 18 in. (16.5 x 46 cm)
Blade Surface Area: 92.5 sq. in. (597 sq. cm)
Weight: 30 oz. (850 g)
Ferrule Angles: Infinite
Here at Aqua Bound, we build all our paddles to order (much like a fast-food restaurant), so paddles do not collect dust or become dated. As soon as you place your order, a real person in our Osceola, Wisconsin factory will start preparing your paddle. Shipping windows vary by product and are estimated on individual product pages. Thank you for supporting American manufacturing.
Important WARNING for California Residents:Learn More
• Rinse each part with clean, fresh water
• Examine all parts to ensure it is clear of debris
• Dry and store your paddle (separated, if applicable) in a clean, dry, indoor place
Here at Bending Branches, we are a lean, build-to-order, United States manufacturer that requires standard product in order to keep our costs competitive. Therefore, we do not accept custom, non-standard product requests for new paddles. We apologize for any inconvenience.