We’re excited to announce that Aqua Bound’s Sting Ray Carbon kayak paddle has won Paddling Magazine’s award for 2023 Best Paddle!
About the Award
Paddling Magazine is part of Rapid Media, the world’s largest media company for paddlesports. For their annual awards, voters choose their top picks in nine different categories.
These include Best Touring/Rec Kayak, Best Whitewater Boat, Best SUP, Best Fishing Kayak, Best Clothing/Apparel and more. (Read the full list of winners here)
“These awards recognize significant and outstanding achievements in the development of new products introduced to the paddlesports market. More than 25,000 votes were cast by retail buyers, consumers and media.”
About the Sting Ray Carbon Kayak Paddle
Aqua Bound’s Sting Ray Carbon kayak paddle was one of several paddles in our lineup that received a major redesign for 2023. The Sting Ray was already our most popular flatwater blade, and this carbon model is the lightest flatwater injection-molded kayak paddle on the market at its price point.
Now we’ve made it even better:
- The blade is smoother and stronger than ever. We added a bit of thickness to the carbon-reinforced nylon material to give less flex and more durability. It has a supremely quiet entry and exit, and a smoother forward stroke.
- The sharp dihedral adds to that flutter-free smoothness, and means you use less energy over hours on the water.
- We added slightly more size to the blade as well, bringing it from 87 square inches to 92.5 square inches. You move a little more water with each stroke, increasing your paddling efficiency.
- The 100% carbon weave shaft is ultra-light. In fact, it’s the lightest shaft material available. At only 28.75 ounces, you’ll experience noticeably less fatigue when using it, especially on longer trips.
- Along with our rust-free carbon Posi-LokTM ferrule, the Sting Ray Carbon is now also available with our new Versa-LokTM ferrule. This gives you 15 cm of adjustability in its length if you have different-size boats or will share it with other paddlers.
Sting Ray Carbon Models
The Sting Ray Carbon is available in three different models:
- 2-Piece Posi-LokTM—Available in lengths from 200-260 cm in 5 cm increments, featuring our Posi-LokTM ferrule system. MSRP $224.95 (2023 price).
- 2-Piece Versa-LokTM—Available in five different lengths from 200-255 cm. Each is adjustable up to 15 cm with the robust Versa-LokTM ferrule system. MSRP $244.95 (2023 price).
- 4-Piece Posi-LokTM—Our most packable Sting Ray Carbon model, the 4-piece breaks down small enough for a checked bag or carry-on. Perfect for traveling or as a back-up paddle in your kayak or packraft. MSRP $244.95 (2023 price).
What Our Customers are Saying
Check out some of paddling.com’s customer reviews for the Sting Ray Carbon kayak paddle:
Thanks to Paddling Magazine and its 25,000 voters for this great honor!
Do you have paddle questions our friendly Customer Service Team can help you with today? Contact them: 715-755-3405 • [email protected]
More for you...